- CANES HEADLINES: ALL NEWS POSTS
- MEET THE HURRICANES
- TRAINING: HURRICANES GO THE DISTANCE
- ALPHABETICAL ROSTER & PLAYER PROFILES
- CANES PHOTO GALLERY
- CANES CALENDAR
- CANES GAME REPORTS
- CANES ARCHIVES
- League Website (BSYSL)
- Video: Justin's clearance header
- Video: Canes Goal! Anthony's Nonchalant Finish
- Video: Captain Josh on Double Defensive Duty
- Video: Anything Is Possible
- Dreams, Goals, & Your Calling
- Winning with Henry Ford
- Zig Ziglar: "Born to Win"
- Jim Collins: "From Good to Great"
- Maxwell's 5 Levels of Leadership
- John Wooden on Winning/Succeeding
- Bob Griese reflects on the '72 perfect season
- "It ain't about how hard you hit..."
- Canes Fight Song: "Going the Distance"
- 10 easy warm ups
- Soccer Nutrition
- Raising a Gold Medalist
- Positioning & Movement
- Defend Like a Pro
- Amazing Saves & Goals
- 30 Most Creative Goals
- 50 goals by Pele
- Clint Dempsey: just being myself
- Mia Hamm: Live Fearlessly
- Mia Hamm: Kick a Curve
- Daytona Trip
- Rollins Men's Soccer
- UF Women's Soccer
- Orlando City Lions
- The Warrior Ethos
- From Start to Finish
- Rules & Terms
- World Soccer Scores
- Soccer Store
- Sponsor: Minami Granite Designs
- Links Page
- Absence Form
- Message Board
- Contact Team
A Look at Week 6
Oct. 16, 2017
This coming Saturday, October 21st, the Hurricanes will face the next best defense in the league behind their own, when they take on their nextdoor practice neighbors, the sky blue Typhoons.
"The Typhoons gave us the best scrap we've seen yet in the second match," said Coach Miley of their narrowest win (3-2). "They know us better than the other squads do because we have scrimmaged them three times. One time they tied us in a scrimmage. I have a lot of respect for what Coach Kirkhoffer is doing with them. He will bring his best game to us."
The #3 Typhoons (2-2-1) suffered a 0-2 shutout versus the #2 Rip Tide in the late match after the Canes took their 8-1 fifth victory over the Highlighters. "I saw that match," said Miley. "It was competitive as usual, from the sky blue squad. They always play low scoring competitive matches. They dictated a low score with us, too. But we have been working on a few weapons since our last time with them, also. I feel good about our chances, but our kids need to know we will be seeing the best from our opponents from here on out. Everybody's coming for us now. The target is on our back as upstarts storming the league. We expect that."
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.