- MEET THE HURRICANES
- ALPHABETICAL ROSTER & PLAYER PROFILES
- CANES GAME REPORTS
- CANES 2017 HEADLINES: ALL NEWS POSTS
- CANES PHOTO GALLERY
- CANES CALENDAR
- CANES ARCHIVES
- TRAINING: HURRICANES GO THE DISTANCE
- League Website (BSYSL)
- Video: Hurricanes Gratitude Lap: 2018
- Video: Justin's & Railey's clearance headers
- Video: Anthony's nonchalant goal
- Video: Defensive heroics from Josh
- Video: Anything Is Possible
- Dreams, Goals, & Your Calling
- Winning with Henry Ford
- Zig Ziglar: "Born to Win"
- Jim Collins: "From Good to Great"
- Maxwell's 5 Levels of Leadership
- John Wooden on Winning/Succeeding
- Bob Griese reflects on the '72 perfect season
- "It ain't about how hard you hit..."
- Canes Fight Song: "Going the Distance"
- 10 easy warm ups
- Soccer Nutrition
- Raising a Gold Medalist
- Positioning & Movement
- Defend Like a Pro
- Amazing Saves & Goals
- 30 Most Creative Goals
- 50 goals by Pele
- Clint Dempsey: just being myself
- Mia Hamm: Live Fearlessly
- Mia Hamm: Kick a Curve
- Daytona Trip
- Rollins Men's Soccer
- UF Women's Soccer
- Orlando City Lions
- The Warrior Ethos
- From Start to Finish
- Rules & Terms
- World Soccer Scores
- Soccer Store
- Sponsor: Minami Granite Designs
- Links Page
- Absence Form
- Message Board
- Contact Team
A Look at Game 6
Apr. 22, 2018
On Saturday, April 28th, the Ocala Hurricanes will face the Gray squad, whom they blasted, 5-0, in Game 2, on Field 2.
"That match played into our hands on the bigger field because we played to our wings and wore them out with better passing to spread the field," said Coach Miley. "We really stormed them in the second half after we wore them down. This rematch will be on a smaller field, Field 7, and earlier in the morning without the heat to help our plan to wear down opponents with our passing. We will need to do the same sort of stuff, but even more. Fortunately for us, we are getting better at what we do best, and our defense has been just shutting out some very good athletes. The Gray squad has some strong and big athletes, but we isolated their best strikers last time and we plan to do that again."
In that first match against Gray, Eric Osornio slammed in two late goals on surprise attacks coming from the top of the diamond, and later asked Coach Miley, "Tell me what I can do better."
"This is the kind of team we have," said Miley. "They are hungry to do better every time. I push them, but they push themselves harder. We have a good set of dynamics staged by our hardest workers, and everybody rises to the latest leader's example as some kind of personal challenge. That is the kind of group this is. They have what champion teacher Jaime Escalante emphasized as "GANAS". Nobody can teach that, but anyone can awaken that. We are at a place of awakening the GANAS in one another as we find out who we can be as a squad in this short season. Eric captures this "DESIRE" with that Escalante-style passion. It is a good place to be when we take up his spark. Our younger kids now know they belong at the top because of their teamwork. They are not about to give that up. I have no doubt we will be ready for this Gray squad."
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.