Section III Cheerleading
- PHOTO GALLERY-Sec 3 Champions
- 2017-18 SEC. III WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2017-18 NYS SCORING RUBRICS/SHEETS & Info
- 2017 SEC. III FALL CHAMPIONSHIP Results
- Events Calendar
- Area Competition & Events Registration Forms
- TEAM CLASSIFICATION -What "Class/Division" R U?
- Coach Updates
- Request to Host Championship
- 2015-2016 SEC. III WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP
- Fall 2016 & Winter 2016-2017 Championship Results
- Fall 2015 & Winter 2015 Championship Results
- Fall 2014 & Winter 2014-2015 Championship Results
- Fall 2013 & Winter 2013-2014 Championship Resu
- Fall 2012 & Winter 2012-2013 Championship Resu
- Fall 2011 & Winter 2011-2012 Championship Resu
- Fall 2010 & Winter 2010-2011 Championship RESU
- Fall 2009 & Winter 2009-2010 Championship Resu
- Section III Cheerleading Handbook (OLD) -being upd
- Message Board
- Team Store
- Contact Team
Section III March 9 - Meeting Notes
Apr. 7, 2015
The following items were noted at the March 9th meeting of the Section III Cheer Committee. The competitions that were known/presented as of that date are listed under the Game Schedule tab of this website.
Reminder: Cheerleading is now a sport in NYS, beginning with Fall 2015 - Remind your A.D. to order your 2015-2016 NFHS Spirit Rules Book! - Make sure you have all your required classes to be a certified coach!
Under NYSPHSAA rules, tryouts for Fall Teams may not be chosen until August 17th, 2015
An officials’ organization for judges will be developed in NYS—looking for more judges that aren’t currently coaching.
- Section 3 will be adding a coaches’ time to review the score ranges your team is placing in prior to awards at a side table with a separate committee member.
- A 5 point penalty will be assessed at Section 3 on your team for any coach who demonstrates unsportsmanship like behavior or conduct or approaches a judge at the competition. (Unanimously passed)
- NYS Score sheets will be revised and streamlined and skills will be listed out more completely in the stunting and pyramid sections. Sectional Competition will remain in Divisions AA through D. In order to qualify for NYS Championship, teams will need to win their division or “qualify” with an established process that will be worked out this Fall.
- In July, an email address will be shared with coaches so they may contact safety judges and send videos to check on concerns/questions/legalities.
- Tryouts for Fall Cheerleading cannot be conducted until August 17th.
- States will be held at the SRC Arena March 5th with a cross section of judges from across the 12 sections of NYS.
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.