Section III Cheerleading
- PHOTO GALLERY-Sec 3 Champions
- 2017-18 SEC. III WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP
- 2017-18 NYS SCORING RUBRICS/SHEETS & Info
- 2018 SEC. III FALL CHAMPIONSHIP Results
- Events Calendar
- Area Competition & Events Registration Forms
- TEAM CLASSIFICATION -What "Class/Division" R U?
- Coach Updates
- Request to Host Championship
- 2015-2016 SEC. III WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP
- Fall 2016 & Winter 2016-2017 Championship Results
- Fall 2015 & Winter 2015 Championship Results
- Fall 2014 & Winter 2014-2015 Championship Results
- Fall 2013 & Winter 2013-2014 Championship Resu
- Fall 2012 & Winter 2012-2013 Championship Resu
- Fall 2011 & Winter 2011-2012 Championship Resu
- Fall 2010 & Winter 2010-2011 Championship RESU
- Fall 2009 & Winter 2009-2010 Championship Resu
- Section III Cheerleading Handbook (OLD) -being upd
- Message Board
- Team Store
- Contact Team
NEW Updated Fall Sectional competition requirements
Sep. 28, 2017
Some Section III Championship Info for the Fall Championship...
Downloadable Registration is now posted under the Fall Sectional tab
Please read the information on the registration form - there are new changes this year for competition requirements by NYS. By now, you all have seen them posted on the website in the new rubrics. Cheer and dance length, downtime, etc. Score sheets and rubrics have been posted on this site.
PLEASE NOTE - due to some new information from NYSPHSAA received just today, we've learned that there are restrictions on individuals and stunt groups competing and restrictions on the administering of scholarships.
Many things come into play now that Cheerleading is a Sport in NYS.
To be in compliance with these restrictions and requirements, we will need to reconfigure our format and determine how we can proceed. This will not be possible prior to our Fall Championship. As a result we have decided that the Sr. All-Star individual division will not be held for the Fall Championship
The Rosemary Corcoran Memorial Scholarship is also suspended for the Fall due to rules concerning amateur athletes receiving private scholarship money directly.
Senior All-Stars - Will not be held for the Fall Championship - do not submit any videos for Fall
Rubric/ Score sheets - for team competition
Cheer must be a minimum of 30 seconds or team will score a 0
Downtime –must take a minimum of 5 seconds, maximum of 15 seconds or your team will receive a 1 pt penalty
Actual routine performance is still 2:30. Downtime is not scored.
Stunts and Pyramids—must demonstrate 3 different skills that will be averaged and divided by 3 Read your rubrics carefully. Also, see Majority grid for how many stunt groups you need.
Tumbling- Now will score some, majority, and most---See majority grids
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.