Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


Seniors Lose By Three to Tempo

Box Score

May. 19, 2013

SENIOR LEAGUE DIVISION 1: Belcoo 2-8 v 1-14 Tempo

Belcoo suffered a second consecutive three point defeat on Sunday going down 1-14 to 2-8 at home to league champions Tempo. It is another week without a win for the O’Rahillys who are beginning to show signs of improvement but they now sit three points from safety after six outings.

  P W D L F A Pts
Derrygonnelly 5 5 0 0 89 45 10
Roslea 5 3 2 0 63 44 8
Erne Gaels 6 3 1 2 66 54 7
St. Joseph's 5 3 0 2 78 68 6
Lisnaskea 6 2 1 3 66 72 5
Devenish 5 2 1 2 63 76 5
Tempo 4 2 0 2 45 44 4
St. Patrick's 5 2 0 3 74 83 4
Kinawley 5 1 0 4 45 64 2
Belcoo 6 0 1 5 59 98 1


The hosts played some great football over the course of the hour but again they would be unable to pick up a first victory of the season. A goal within 30seconds of the first whistle gave Belcoo a major lift, a well worked move down the left seen a number of quick interchanges of passes before Patrick Burns slipped Ronan Ferguson through to fire into the roof of the net.

Remarkably Tempo’s first foray forward also resulted in a goal. A long punt into Full Forward Thomas Campbell was broken into the path of the on-rushing Daryl Keenan who found the net from close range. Belcoo however responded well with some good passages of play and would hold a 1-3 to 1-1 lead by the 10minute mark.

Jonathan Feeley landed a point from play which Niall McElroy matched after a driving run before Ciaran Flaherty and a Feeley free kick had the hosts two points to the good.

Tempo came back into the contest and soon levelled proceedings with Keenan tapping over two close range free kicks. A point from an inside forward was added to by a Damian Kelly effort from distance as Tempo opened up a two point lead. Belcoo were still competitive but struggled to turn possession into scores as both Feeley and Burns seen attempts for points hit the upright and drop into Tempo hands. The visitors led 1-5 to 1-3 at the break.

From the throw in Neil Rogers extended Tempo’s advantage but Ciaran Flaherty, Ronan Ferguson and Flaherty again had drawn Belcoo level. Shane McCabe was introduced but was soon replaced having received a heavy challenge resulting in what looks like a broken nose.

Daryl Keenan would then add two more 20yard frees before Eunan McCann and Damian Kelly had helped the visitors into a four point lead. During a dominant period for Tempo Niall McElroy drove threw the Belcoo defence but see his goalbound effort smack the crossbar. McCabe returned to the fray moments later and his arrowed sideline pass sent Feeley through on goal, the attacker coolly slotted his shot beyond Stephen Jackson and it was back to a one point game, Tempo 1-10 Belcoo 2-6.

Stephen Maguire was forced off with injury while John Carrigan picked up a second booking for Belcoo and some rash defending allowing Keenan to land three more frees while Feeley hit two scores from play at the other end.

The game was very stretched at this stage as Belcoo needed a goal to salvage something from the contest however Niall McCusker for Tempo should have wrapped up the tie when one on one with James McGrath but the Belcoo ‘keeper made a good diving save to keep his side in the game.

Unfortunately for the O’Rahilly’s Tempo retained possession well in the final few minutes and added another point to their tally which ensured they left MacNean Park with the two points.

Team: James McGrath, Stephen Nolan, Niall Leonard, Ryan Leonard, Paul McGrath, Brian Cox, Gavin Leonard, John Carrigan, Stephen Maguire, Kieran Leonard, Shain Gallagher, Patrick Burns, Jonathan Feeley (1-4), Ciaran Flaherty (0-3), Ronan Ferguson (1-1). Subs Used: Shane McCabe, Eoin Leonard, Aaron Dolan.




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.