Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


Seniors Make It Two From Two

Box Score

Apr. 19, 2015

SENIORS: Lisnaskea 1-7 v 0-13 Belcoo

Belcoo would make it two wins from two outings as they travelled to Lisnaskea and returned winners on a 0-13 to 1-7 scoreline. The O’Rahilly’s held the upperhand throughout and with a three point interval lead built up they managed the remainder of the game quite well to secure the victory.


Minute silence prior to throw in for the late Pat King impeccably observed. PICS Tim Flaherty

The visitors got off to a good start with Jonathan Feeley raising the white flag twice in the opening exchanges although Lisnaskea hit back with a goal in the ninth minute, Sean Keenan capitalising on an error in the Belcoo defence to set up a goal for a Garbhan McManus.

Belcoo responded immediate with Brian Cox racing through the Lisnaskea defence to clip over a point. The O’Rahilly’s were controlling matters, holding possession well as they tried to breakdown a compact and crowded Lisnaskea defence. Feeley would break loose to land another point from play on the right wing before James McGrath fisted a high ball over the bar.

Sean Keenan would pull a point back for the home side but Belcoo continued on the front foot, James McGrath had a goal disaloowed for a square ball before Feeley once more found the target for his fourth and Belcoo’s six point of the day. 0-6 to 1-1 at this juncture.

  Brian Cox wheels away from his marker as Belcoo set up another attack. Pic. Tim Flaherty

Another patience build up seen Declan Leonard pick out Barry McGovern with a wonderful pass, McGovern drilling over a point from inside the 21m line. Niall McElroy would register at the other end while Keenan pointed a 45m free coming to half time.

In the closing moments of the half Jonathan Feeley knocked over a free and a fine effort from play to leave the half time score, 1-3 to 0-9 in Belcoo’s favour.

Niall McElroy would cut the deficit to two points upon the resumption but this was as close as the hosts got. Jonathan Feeley would land a free after Matthew McAloon was fouled close to goal before he drilled over another point from play from 35yards.

 Ian Corrigan retains possession under pressure from John Woods Pic: Tim Flaherty

Sean Keenan would score a free but the Belcoo defence was remaining firm and it was the visitors who continued to dictate the contest. For the second time in the game the O’Rahilly’s had a goal disallowed, a looping ball into the square seen Niall McGovern and James McGrath contest for the ball with Lisnaskea goalkeeper Colin Copeland, McGovern fisting the ball to the net but referee James Lewis seen an infringement somewhere.

Stephen Phair was next to find the target as the Emmetts made it a two point game but once more Belcoo pushed forward to add to their tally, Paul McGrath releasing Matthew McAloon to score from the right wing. Jonathan Feeley hit his ninth of the contest with a great right footed effort as Belcoo edged four clear as the game went into extra time.

With the last kick of the tie Sean Keenan pointed a free to bring the game to its end, 0-13 to 1-7 Belcoo the victors.

This coming Friday, Belcoo travel to Maguiresbridge.

Team: Daniel Ray, Ryan Leonard, Niall Leonard, Ryan McGovern, Barry McGovern (0-1), Shane McCabe, Gavin Leonard, Brian Cox (0-1), Christopher Leonard, Declan Leonard, Paul McGrath, Niall McGovern, Ian Corrigan, James McGrath (0-1), Jonathan Feeley (0-9). Subs Used: Matthew McAloon (0-1).




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.