Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


Under 14's Beaten In Championship

Box Score

May. 30, 2015

U14 'B' CHAMPIONSHIP: St. Pat's 8-10 v 0-7 Belcoo

Belcoo Under 14 season drew to a close in Derrylin with a Championship defeat to St. Pat’s on a very wet Saturday afternoon. It has been a difficult season both on and off the field but the players carried themselves very well throughout and their commitment and effort couldn’t be questioned.

This was the third occasion the Donagh side have got the better of the young O’Rahilly’s this term, Eimhan Curran and Patrick Treacy accounting for all but three scores for their side as Belcoo couldn’t contain the pair of strong forwards.

St. Pat’s hit 2-2 in the first 6minutes of the game as both players registered 1-1 a piece. Belcoo had the first opportunity of the game though as they broke forward from the throw up, Josh Killilea, who worked tirelessly throughout providing an outlet for his side, centred the ball for Fiachra McAloon to drive at goal, a defender clearing the danger from the goal line.

 Oran McCann who was Belcoo's chief score-taker on the day. Pic: Tim Flaherty

After a slow start, Belcoo managed to gain a foothold, Dara Flanagan and Conor McKeown were beginning to go well in defence while Matthew Mulvey and Mark Ferguson were getting to grips in the middle with Gerry Nolan showing very well for ball in the forward line.

 Gerry Nolan showed well throughout for ball in the O'Rahilly's attack. PIC: Tim Flaherty

Belcoo began to create scoring opportunities, Oran McCann seen a shot hit the post before he did register two points by the 18th minute, a good point from the right wing before knocking a long range point for a foul on Killilea.

St. Pat’s had went some 13minutes without a score before Pearse McDermott hit a third goal however McCann pointed a free following another foul on Killilea at the other end. In close few minutes of the half, Patrick Treacy would fire in another 1-1 with Belcoo’s sole response coming from a pointed McCann free. Half time: St. Pat’s 4-3 v 0-4 Belcoo

 Josh Killilea would have a fine hour for the O'Rahilly's. PIC: Tim Flaherty

Within a minute of the restart Eimhan Curran had a point before Patrick Treacy netted his third goal of the contest. Oran McCann kicked a free for Belcoo but St. Pat’s were holding the upperhand and during a profitable 10minutes in front goal they added another 1-3 to their tally.

Belcoo continued to battle for every ball, KIllilea, Nolan, Mulvey and Ferguson trying very hard with Lawrence McKeown and Emmet McGuinness helping stem the St. Pat’s attacks. McKeown got forward to land a point from distance with the score now 6-7 to 0-6

The O’Rahilly’s had emptied their bench with over 15minutes to play, all substitutes showed well for possession however St. Pat’s would continue to add 2-3 to their tally with McCann adding a late point for Belcoo.

Team: (14 a side) Jamie Ray, Conor McKeown, Dara Flanagan, Oisin Leonard, Emmett McGuinness, Lawrence McKeown (0-1), Mark Ferguson, Matthew Mulvey, Fiachra McAloon, Gerry Nolan, Cian White, Josh Killilea, Oran McCann (0-6), Patrick Martin. Subs Used: Jack Greene, Ben McNulty, Colum Higgins, Sean Boylan, Marc Stewart.




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.