Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


U12s Win Tight Tussle With Lisnaskea

Box Score

Aug. 1, 2015

U12: Section B: Belcoo 4-9 (17) v 1-10 (12) Lisnaskea

What a game of football this was as Belcoo and Lisnaskea played out an enthralling contest at MacNean Park on Saturday afternoon. Tight from start to finish Belcoo recorded a 4-9 (17) to 1-10 (12) win to maintain their 100% winning season.

Go Games U12 Section B
Pos Team P W D L F A Pts
1 Belcoo O`Rahilly's 3 3 0 0 61 33 6
2 Devenish St Mary's 3 2 0 1 57 34 4
3 Teemore Shamrocks 3 2 0 1 66 48 4
4 Lisnaskea Emmetts 4 1 0 3 56 87 2
5 Erne Gaels Belleek 3 0 0 3 22 60 0

All four quarters were fiercely contested, the young O’Rahilly’s knew they were in battle from the off. Emmet McGuinness would open the scoring but Lisnaskea fired two in a row in response. The hosts took a bit of time to settle before Conor McKeown landed an equalising score.

Oisin O’Loughlin, who had a fine hour was creating opportunities for his side, a clever ball over the top sent Jack Greene through on goal, the Lisnaskea goalkeeper made a fine save low to his right to push the ball out for a 45 with 8minutes played.

Belcoo though would hit their first goal three minutes later, O’Loughlin’s sideline ball fisted to the net by Emmett McGuinness. At the other end Lisnaskea almost hit back immediately although Jamie Ray would make a great save from close range. The ‘keeper again would have a commanding and brave display between the sticks. Belcoo would land a third point of the quarter through Gerry Nolan to take a 3point lead into the first break. Belcoo 1-3 (5) to 0-2 Lisnaskea.

In quarter 2 Lisnaskea had the advantage of a slight breeze but it was Belcoo who begun brightly. A well worked move down the right ended with Oisin O’Loughlin picking out Jack Greene who fisted the ball to the net. O’Loughlin would again provide the pass that sent Gerry Nolan through to rattle a third goal. From here to half time Lisnaskea took control and would kick five unanswered points, the first three coming from placed balls which helped them reduce the overall deficit to two points by Half Time: Belcoo 3-3 (9) v 0-7 Lisnaskea

It was quarter three where the O’Rahilly’s upped their game, in the section there was six blocks made, Emmett McGuinness brave on four occasions with Colum Higgins and Gerry Nolan also denying Lisnaskea. Defensively Belcoo had begun to curtail their opponents, Ciana McGrath was having a fine tussle with the visiting full forward while Niamh McAloon was doing likewise with her opposite number, the two girls standing firm against their bigger opponents.

Around the middle, Josh Killilea was foraging and getting on a serious amount of possession with Oisin O’Loughlin beginning to win clean ball from kick outs while McGuinness, Conor McKeown and Colum Higgins snapped up several break balls. Eoin Corrigan and Cian White were introduced at half time to the attack and they both made good contributions as outlets for the defence while using possession well when they gained it.

The first score of quarter 3 came from an O’Loughlin 45 as the ball sailed over the black spot, Josh Killilea did likewise moments later from a long distance free kick while Cian White clipped over a fine score. These three in a row were quickly wiped out however as Lisnaskea hit 1-1 in response to leave it 3-6 (12) to 1-9 (10) with 40minutes on the clock.

In the closing 5minutes of this quarter Belcoo would hit two more points, the midfield pairing getting on the scoresheet. Emmett McGuinness pointing from play and another 45 from O’Loughlin moved the hosts five clear. Lisnaskea responsed with a point of their own but with seconds remaining O’Loughlin found the net from ball in by Killilea, this was a very important score. It pushed Belcoo five clear going into the final quarter and gave them a slight cushion as they went in with a 4-8 (16) to 1-9 (11) lead.

The final quarter seen Lisnaskea have the wind, Belcoo were asked to work hard, pressure their opponents and do all in their power to keep them out. They achieved this with great determination and effort. Sean Boylan coming out with possession on a few occasions, Niamh McAloon strong in the tackle, Colum Higgins back dominating his opposite number and Jamie Ray as safe as ever between the posts.

This quarter seen just one point a piece, Josh Killilea with the Belcoo score as his side secured a third straight win to remain unbeaten at the top of the table. It was an enjoyable and absorbing contest from the outset and one the young O’Rahillys’ will benefit greatly from coming through on the right side of the result.

Team (13 a side) Jamie Ray, Niamh McAloon, Sean Boylan, Ciana McGrath, Colum Higgins, Aoife Keaney, Oisin O’Loughlin (1-2), Emmett McGuinness (1-2), Aine Barrett, Gerry Nolan (1-1), Conor McKeown (0-1), Josh Killilea (0-2), Jack Greene (1-0). Subs Used: Cian White (0-1), Eoin Corrigan.


U12: Development Game: Belcoo 7-23 (37) v 3-10 (16) Lisnaskea

Belcoo made it two wins on the day as the O’Rahilly’s secured a 7-23 (37) to 3-10 (16)win in the Development Game. The hosts made a good opening to the tie and by the end of Quarter 1 they held a nine point lead.

There was once again great effort and work rate put in for the hour with some great scores taken. Cian White got the scoreboard ticking early on, while Eoin Corrigan popped over a good point moments later. The O’Rahilly’s were winning their battles with captain Ben McNulty holding the defence together in front of Lorcan Leonard who would have a fine hour between the points.

Cian White would knock in a goal before Sinead Barrett and Eoin Corrigan registered two good points a piece. Goal number two arrived through White while Corrigan clipped over another point to leave it 2-7 (11) to 0-2.

In Quarter 2 the O’Rahilly’s continued to hold sway, Eimear Magee showing well in this period registering 1-5, Sinead Barrett too is continuing to show well and she would also continue to keep the scoreboard ticking with a well taken point. Eoin Corrigan would hit a goal and point with Cian White again on target as the hosts moved 4-15 (23) to 2-4 (8) ahead.

Sinead Barrett took centre stage in Quarter 3 as she led the way with some fine point taking, five in total during this spell of the game. Lorcan Leonard was forced into a making a super save while Aoife Keaney and Eimear Magee also found the target. By the end of Quarter 3 Belcoo had opened up a sizeable lead, 4-22 (30) to 2-6 (10).

They would ensure that all four quarters of the tie were won as they went on to win the final period by a points, 3-1 to 0-6. The goals coming via Magee, Barrett and Keaney with Ben McNulty landing a good point as they ran out good winners in the end.

Team: (6 a side) Lorcan Leonard, Ben McNulty (0-1), Cian White (2-2), Eoin Corrigan (1-5), Sinead Barrett (1-8), Eimear Magee (2-6). Subs Used: Aine Barrett, Aoife Keaney (1-1)




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.