Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


U14s Boys Overcome Lisnaskea as Teemore Await in League Final

Box Score

May. 18, 2017

U14 Division 2: Lisnaskea 1-2 v 3-12 Belcoo

Belcoo U14's completed their league fixtures with a 3-12 to 1-2 victory in Lisnaskea this evening. The O'Rahilly's will meet Teemore in the League Final on the weekend of 27/28th May, details to be confirmed.

Tonight's fixture never really sparked into life. Belcoo were defensively very good, the six backs keeping Lisnaskea at bay, forcing shots under pressure while Colum Higgins in particular had a fantastic hour, out in front to claim possession, breaking forward and making good use of the ball. 

It was further forward the visitors struggled. A host of guilt edged chances were squandered, here’s hoping all will click in the upcoming League decider. In saying that, some of the scores were well worked and well taken. Michael Burns the leading light with clever runs and a good first touch seeing him create and pop over some excellent scores.

  Colum Higgins who had a excellent game breaks out from the defence in the first half

Belcoo were to open their account on 2minutes when Emmett McGuinness drove upfield playing a one two with Josh Killilea before Dara Flanagan took the pass and was fouled. Killilea slotted the free. 

Patrick Martin and Jack Greene combined well but Michael Burns fired wide moments later. The young forward made no mistake with the next effort. He split the posts after blocking the goalkeepers clearance. Blocking was an area targeted before the game, Daniel O'Connor, Burns and McGuinness all made blocks inside the opening 10minutes. 

Burns had a half chance for goal after more good work from Greene while a great move down the right with O'Connor, McGuinness, Gerry Nolan and Killilea ended with a good point by Burns. 

 Head up, Emmett McGuinness plots his pass

Lisnaskea, like they had done in Belcoo a few weeks ago, missed some good chances for points early on. Belcoo in fairness pressured all their kicks. A short Lisnaskea free kick would see the hosts hit the net, the ball dropping under the bar to level it up. 1-0 to 0-3. 

Belcoo's response was to go the length of the field and get their first goal. Colum Higgins took the kickout from Jamie Ray, he played a one two with Cian White before a good kickpass was gathered by Dara Flanagan who in turn picked out Michael Burns and he advanced on goal before chipping the keeper. 

Patrick Martin was to claim the kickout and return the ball over the black spot while other chances came and went. Dara Flanagan will wonder how he managed to find the side netting with the goal at his mercy. 

 Cian White does well to claim possession under some pressure

Ben McNulty made a fine catch close to his own nets to prevent a goal and he put in a good shift throughout, getting hands in to break ball away from his man before picking up the loose balls. Oisin O'Loughlin had a quiet night as he curtailed his mans involvement in the game, doing well when the ball came his way while Conor McKeown advanced forward at the right times to help out. Half Time: Lisnaskea 1-0 v 1-5 Belcoo.

Belcoo netted early in the second half. Gerry Nolan, who put in another big effort in midfield driving upfield to find Josh Killilea and his shot dipped beneath the crossbar for a three pointer. Michael Burns slotted another point while Sean Boylan fed Jack Greene for a fine score. 

Oggie Kelly responded for Lisnaskea but Belcoo were now pulling away. Jamie Ray did claw the ball out of the top corner with Colum Higgins clearing the danger. 

Patrick Martin angled over two great points from distance as Belcoo started to move the ball much better in the forward line. Burns added another from play before Emmett McGuinness got on the end of a flowing move and drilled in a fantastic goal for 3-10 to 1-1. 

 The hard working Josh Killilea takes on Ryan Hicks

Ethan McCaffrey was to fire over for the hosts who continued to battle away. Cian Hanna in the middle of the field working hard while Ryan Hicks and Marcus O'Hara gave it everything. 

Belcoo missed three goal chances, Michael Burns hitting the bar from close range, Sean Boylan followed up the rebound and with the goals open, he too struck the crossbar. Oisin O'Loughlin also registered a wide from close range having beaten the goalkeeper to the loose ball. 

Michael Burns and Conor McKeown hit late points for Belcoo who look ahead to a final with Teemore, whom they have had tight battles with this year. Teemore claimed the Division 2 Feile crown against Belcoo after a few periods of extra time while the league fixture was a draw between the side. Training continues Tuesday 23rd May at 7pm. League Final will be on the weekend of 27th/28th, date, time and venue to be arranged. 

Team. Jamie Ray, Ben McNulty, Oisin O'Loughlin, Colum Higgins, Daniel O'Connor, Emmett McGuinness (1-0), Conor McKeown (0-1), Gerry Nolan, Patrick Martin (0-3), Michael Burns (1-6), Jack Greene (0-1), Eoin Corrigan, Josh Killilea (1-1), Dara Flanagan, Cian White.. Sean Boylan. 


DIVISION 2          
  P W D L Pts
Belcoo 5 4 1 0 9
Teemore 5 3 1 1 7
Lisnaskea 6 2 0 4 4
Ederney 6 1 0 5 2






There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.