Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


All To Easy For Lisnaskea U15 Boys

Box Score

Apr. 27, 2018

U15 Division 2: Lisnaskea 5-9 v 4-5 Belcoo

Lisnaskea were easy winners this evening, 19points up with 5minutes to play, the job well and truly done, the foot released from the pedal as they allowed Belcoo to hit 3-3 in the closing moments, the final scoreline flattering the O’Rahilly’s big time as the game was won with considerable ease. 

Such victories occur when hard work in produced. Tonight, Belcoo made little to no effort, lacked interest, hunger and any drive as the home team simply tore them apart during the second half in particular. 

18seconds was all it took for Belcoo to cough up a goal as they gifted the ball to Justy McDade who drove in from the 45metre line, offloaded to Oggie Kelly and he dispatched to the net. Belcoo’s reply was, on reflection, their best bit of play of the entire contest, Jamie Ray’s kickout was marked by Oisin O’Loughlin in midfield, his pass to Michael Burns seen him clip the ball into Patrick Martin who banged over a fine point. It would be 25minutes before Belcoo scored again. 

Truth be told, Lisnaskea didn’t fire in the first half, they would be wayward in front of goal however Belcoo did their best to gift them further scores. Fist passes straight to the opposition seen Matthew Melarkey point before the visitors were awarded a first penalty of the evening, Justy McDade was fouled before he got to his feet and stroked the penalty to the net. 

Oggie Kelly and Conor Northern pointed for a 2-3 to 0-1 scoreline by the 20th minute. It could have been worse as the hosts continued to apply pressure, Belcoo hadn’t turned a kickout in a long time but the Linaskea forwards continued to misfired. 

With 4minutes to go to half time, Belcoo eventually yielded a scoring attack. Dara Flanagan driving upfield, Josh Killilea and Colum Higgins were involved before Patrick Martin’s floated ball to the back post was gathered and netted by Emmett McGuinness. Moments later Josh Killilea threaded a fantastic pass through to Michael Burns for a point and at half time it was miraculously just a four point game, 2-3 to 1-2. 

The late rally in the first half proved a false down as no score was registered by Belcoo for another 25minutes. By this time a rampant Lisnaskea side had added 3-5 to their tally to sit 5-8 to 1-2 ahead. Justy McDade had netted a second penalty while he added a well taken goal from play as did Oggie Kelly. It could have been more but for Sean Boylan and Dara Flanagan stopping two goals on the line.

Belcoo indiscipline was another negative on a bad night for the sky blues. They would take the bad look of the scoreboard however in the dying minutes. Patrick Martin, Dara Flanagan and Michael Burns all scoring goals with Martin and Flanagan knocking points while Oisin O’Loughlin slotted over a long range free. 

Next game is home to Aughadrumsee on Thursday 3rd March at 7pm in Belcoo. Players to be at the pitch for 6.30pm. 

Team. Jamie Ray, Ben McNulty, Dara Flanagan (1-1), Sean Boylan, Eoin Corrigan, Conor McKeown, Colum Higgins, Gerry Nolan, Oisin O’Loughlin (0-1), Josh Killilea, Emmett McGuinness (1-0), Jack Greene, Michael Burns (1-1), Patrick Martin (1-2), Patrick Magee. Sub Nathan McGovern




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.