Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:


JUNIORS: Teemore 2-10 Belcoo 1-10

Box Score

Sep. 5, 2010

Teemore recorded a three point victory in this Erne Cup Division 1 clash following a strong first half showing. In the end Belcoo could have snatched a draw but Ian Corrigan's well hit penalty in injury time struck the inside of the post and bounced to safety.

Teemore opened the scoring with a goal followed by three quickfire points as Belcoo struggled defensively to cope with the Teemore attack. Belcoo themselves took 15minutes to register their first score despite numerous ventures into scoreable positions. Gary Maguire was the scorer from a close range free. A second Teemore goal and another three points from play put Teemore in a commanding position but Niall Cullen and another Gary Maguire free kick left it 2-6 to 0-3.

On the stroke of half time Belcoo put together their best move of the game as Sean McNulty, Aidan McGrath, Eunan Mullally and Ian Corrigan combined for the latter to finish high into the top corner.

Belcoo continued the second half as they ended the first with the bulk of the possession as the game was been played in the Teemore half of the field. Jonathan Feeley knocked over his first score before James Stewart advanced from Centre Half Back to kick a good score. With the score at 2-6 to 1-5 six minutes into the second half Belcoo had a great chance to claw back a goal.

Corner Back Ryan McGovern collected the ball 30 yards from his own goals and following some strong running and an exchange of passes with Ian Corrigan he was through on goal but elected to pass the ball to Eunan Mullally who was unmarked 8yards out however Mullally attempted effort was blocked by the advancing goalkeeper. Ian Corrigan knocked over the resulting 45 to leave 3 points in it.

Teemore's John Fitzpatrick then scored, this was their first score of the half and it took all of 17minutes to get. Robbie Kiernan added another to open up a five point gap again. Jonathan Feeley replied with two frees for Belcoo but again Fitzpatrick kept Teemore two scores in front.

Niall Cullen and Fitzpatrick traded score before Nevan Higgins pointed following his reintroduction to leave it 2-10 to 1-10. With time against Belcoo they needed a goal and Aidan McGrath had a great chance but shot was blocked and as he went to collect the rebound he was fouled inside the penalty area. Referee Martin Higgins pointed to the penalty spot and Belcoo had their chance to get the goal they required to level the game. Unfortunately Ian Corrigan's spot kick, which sent the keeper the wrong way bounced clear off the inside of the left post and the game was over.

TEAM: Aidan Leonard, Ryan McGovern, Shane McAloon, Brendan McPartland, Niall Cullen (0-2), James Stewart (0-1), Stephen Nolan, Gary Maguire (0-1), Sean McNulty, Aidan McGrath, Ian Corrigan (0-1), Gavin Leonard, Jonathan Feeley (0-3), Eunan Mullally, Nevan Higgins (0-1). SUB Paul Duffy




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.