Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:



Box Score

Apr. 9, 2011

JUNIORS: Belcoo 0-20 v 0-6 Teemore

This opening round of the Erne Cup Division 1 League turned out to be a one sided affair as Belcoo rattled off 13 unanswered points in the second half having led by one at the interval. Some impressive shooting from Patrick Burns (0-9) and Jonathan Feeley (0-8) in particular proved the catalyst for this victory.

Belcoo started fast and had their first score on the board within 3minutes, Stephen Nolan carried the ball down the left wing before he fed it into Patrick Burns who tapped over from 25 yards. From the resulting kick out Ian Corrigan gathered possession and kicked it into Jonathan Feeley who turned his man and fired over.

Three more Belcoo scores followed quickly, a long diagonal ball from Emmet Scollan found Feeley who made no mistake with his shot. Feeley fisted another point after an exchange of passes with Sean McNulty before Aidan McGrath tapped over from close range after Feeley slipped out the ball. (9mins Belcoo 0-5 Teemore 0-0).

Following the opening period of dominance from Belcoo, Teemore started to turn things around. Aided by a strong breeze Shane Brady kicked Teemore’s 1st score after 12minutes from long range. Two quickfire points from Ciaran & Shane Brady reduced the deficit to two points.

Teemore’s full forward Eugene Wynne registered two points in the 21st and 23rd minutes to level the game before Ciaran Brady kicked Teemore into the lead. (25mins Belcoo 0-5 Teemore 0-6). Belcoo had failed to score in 15minutes but two late Patrick Burns points meant Belcoo went in at the break leading 0-7 to 0-6.

The match as a contest was over within 10minutes of the restart. Belcoo kicked 7points in that period with Feeley and Burns to the fore. Belcoo introduced Seimi Rafferty and Kevin McPartland at half time and it was Rafferty who was fouled to allow Jonathan Feeley to kick the1st score of the half from the resulting free kick. The next score was also a free, this time it was Burns who knocked over the score after Feeley was fouled.

Aidan McGrath and Sean McNulty combined for the latter to tap over in the 33rd minute while Feeley added to his tally after good work from Kevin McPartland. Patrick Burns registered the next two scores, the first a 40yard point from play while the second was a 47yard free kick.

The Belcoo scores continued to flow and Feeley rattled off three more in as many minutes, Rafferty, McPartland and McNulty all assisting their full forward. Patrick Burns would kick three of the last four points while Aidan McGrath registered his 2nd score of the game.

By the 50th minute it was Belcoo 0-20 Teemore 0-6, the remaining 10minutes seen Teemore get more possession but they failed to register any scores. Ciaran Brady was denied a goal when his effort struck the crossbar and Belcoo goalkeeper Aidan Leonard made a good save from the rebound. All in all it was a comfortable start to the season for Belcoo who had good performances from Ryan McGovern and Eoin Leonard at the back, Sean McNulty and Patrick Burns dominated midfield and Feeley was on fire at full forward.

Team: Aidan Leonard, Ryan McGovern, Eoin Leonard, James Stewart, Shane McAloon, Ryan Dolan, Emmet Scollan, Sean McNulty (0-1), Patrick Burns (0-9), Shain Gallagher, Ian Corrigan, Stephen Nolan, Darragh Timoney, Jonathan Feeley (0-8), Aidan McGrath (0-2). Subs Used: Kevin McPartland, Seimi Rafferty, Aaron Dolan, Niall Monaghan, Dominic Kerrigan.




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.