Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Belcoo O'Rahilly's

Like & Share:



Box Score

Aug. 7, 2011

SENIOR CHAMPIONSHIP : Teemore 1-7 v 0-9 Belcoo

Barry Owens scored the only goal of the game as Teemore caused the first shock of the Fermanagh SFC when they defeated Belcoo at Brewster Park today (Sunday).

The Division Two team showed greater hunger and desire over the course of the contest and while they went in two points down at half time, they had the better of the second half exchanges to seal the win.

The first half was evenly contested with the sides sharing the opening four points, Stephen Maguire clipping over two frees for Belcoo while John Fitzpatrick and Sean Curry rattled over points for Teemore.

Teemore goalkeeper Mark Gilleece was called into action midway through the first half when he saved from Gavin Leonard following a surging run from midfield from the Belcoo attacker.

However, Maguire and Johnny Feeley lofted over points for Belcoo to edge them two ahead as the half entered the final ten minutes. And they were to maintain that advantage to the break with Paul McGrath and Feeley registering for Belcoo and John Fitzpatrick knocking over two points for Teemore to leave it 0-06 to 0-04 at the interval.

Teemore switched Owens from midfield to full forward for the start of the second half and he was to have a big impact on proceedings in the second period.

Belcoo goalkeeper James McGrath pulled off a fine save to deny Owens four minutes into the half but the former All Star made no mistake eight minutes later when he rattled a shot to the back of the net to make it 1-05 to 0-06.

And Teemore moved four points clear when Gary Fitzpatrick and Declan Fitzpatrick slotted over to make it 1-07 to 0-06 with 13 minutes left to play.

Belcoo pushed hard during the final quarter and Feeley, Philip Leonard and an excellent Shane McCabe point left one between the sides with three minutes to go.

Feeley then went close to levelling matters but his effort clipped the outside of the upright and went wide following a strong burst down the left.

Having survived that scare, Teemore hung on to their slender advantage to the finish and will now face St. Joseph's in the quarter-finals. 


Teemore: J. Fitzpatrick (0-04, 2f), B. Owens (1-00), S. Curry (0-01), G. Fitzpatrick (0-01), D. Fitzpatrick (0-01).

Belcoo: S. Maguire (0-03, 3f), J. Feeley (0-03, 1f), S. McCabe (0-01), P. McGrath (0-01), P. Leonard (0-01).

Report taken from the Impartial Reporter Website




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.