BLACKHAWKS ICE HOCKEY CLUB
- BHIHC MERCHANDISE
- HALL OF FAME
- PREMIERSHIP TEAMS
- BEST CLUB GOALIE AWARD
- PREMIER "A" / "A" GRADE AWARDS
- PREMIER "RESERVE" / "B" GRADE AWARDS
- PREMIER "C" / "C1" GRADE AWARDS
- REC "C" / "C2" GRADE AWARDS
- JUNIOR GRADE AWARDS
- LOCKER ROOM
- CLUB SPONSORS
- Forms & Documents
- BHBay - Trading Post
- SEASON STANDINGS
URGENT REPLY REQUIRED FROM CLUB MEMBERS
Feb. 13, 2015
PROPOSED CHANGED TO IHV SCHEDULING
At this week’s IHV meeting, the delegates were presented with a proposed change to the way the games will be scheduled across the coming season. It has not been approved at this time but we will be asked to state our club’s position on Tuesday 17 Feb.
The proposal is this:
- All senior grades (A, B, C1 & C2) increase from 15 games to 20 games. (Last year each grade had 15 games and 12 practices. This schedule proposes 20 games and 9 practices).
- Consistency of practice and game days. Each grade will play and practice on a consistent day throughout the season.
- Prem A play Friday – practice with Reserves Wednesday
- Reserves play Monday (only Icehouse) – practice as above
- C1 play Tuesday night (only Oakleigh) – practice with C2 Thursday
- C2 play Wednesday night (only Oakleigh) – practice as above
There was further discussion about trying to adjust the schedule so that on occasion the A & Reserves would play the same night and the C1 & C2 would play the same night.
There was also some discussion about trying to get a quantity of the C1 & C2 games to the Icehouse. This would also mean that the Reserves would then play a quantity of games at Oakleigh on either a Tuesday or Wednesday.
The weekend time slots have been allocated at this time to the junior competitions.
Without trying to over-complicate the discussion with the different discussions that have already taken place, we need to know the feeling of ALL members about this proposed change.
Please reply to me personally on grandy16 AT bigpond DOT com
You can state your opinion if you like.
Minimum reply : CHANGE or RETAIN LAST YEAR SCHEDULE
Our club’s position will then be voiced to IHV on the majority reply. If you don’t reply then we will assume that you do not have an opinion on it or you will support the club either way.
We have a club meeting on Monday night where this issue will be discussed. If you would like to attend the meeting as an observed, please let me know.
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.