Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Lisbellaw United FC

Like & Share:


Lisbellaw United 9-3 Enniskillen Santos

Box Score

Mar. 6, 2016

There were goals galore at Drumad on Saturday as Lisbellaw United and Enniskillen Santos served up a dozen between them. Lisbellaw though were in control throughout the first 65minutes as they held a 7-0 advantage. Santos did pull three in a row back before Lisbellaw finished with two more to leave the final score at 9-3 to the hosts.

Lisbellaw were quickly into their stride with right back Matthew Woods getting forward on two occasions to head goals, the first from a Craig Johnston cross before a loose ball in the penalty area was nodded in from close range moments later.

Lisbellaw captain Kyle McCleery drove a powerful effort into the roof of the net having brushed aside an opponent as he entered the penalty area midway through the half.

It was all Lisbellaw as Santos were struggling to muster anything going forward. Tiarnan Magee was next to find the target, he gathered possession 40yards from goal, weaved throughout the Santos defence before wonderfully chipping the ball over the Santos goalkeeper who could only watch as the ball floated over him into the top corner.

By the interval it was 5-0, Davy Little firing a free kick into the top corner. It was more of the same in the early part of the second half, Paul McGrath’s reverse pass seen substitute Lee Glass fire to the net shortly after his introduction and another substitute Andrew Copeland, provided the assist for Magee to head in his second of the day to make it 7-0.

Enniskillen Santos to their credit battled back well and scored the next three goals, Sam Lindsay was deputising in goals, he was untroubled in the opening 65minutes and could do nothing about Santos’ first goal, a racking forward pass from Nicky Dunbar found Jason Keenan who in turn finished well.

Gareth Carrothers would head into his own goal under pressure from Joe Keenan before Lisbellaw's stand in keeper fumbled a high ball allowing Seamus Quigley to bundle the ball to the net for 7-3.

Lisbellaw however would wake from their slumber in the closing 10minutes and added two more goals, Lee Glass going on to grab a hat-trick following his introduction with Paul McGrath providing the two assists late on.




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.