Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register

Lisbellaw United FC

Like & Share:


Club Notes

Oct. 25, 2016

Our 1st team missed a great opportunity to close the gap on the leaders when we could only draw 1-1 at home to Enniskillen Town on Saturday. We started brightly and were well on top, but from one of our corners Town broke quickly and Gary Lynch finished superbly to put them 1-0 after about 15 minutes. Disappointing as it was literally the first time they had possession inside our own half.

However, we continued to press and were rewarded when a Matty Woods header came back off the bar and Paul McGrath poked home for a deserved equaliser. Moments later, we were denied what looked like a blatant penalty when Tiernan Magee skipped past his man only to be pulled down when through on goal.

Ryan O’Keefe forced Pat Cadden in to the first of many saves with a powerful header at the back post, but we went in 1-1 at half time. The second half saw Pat Cadden in inspired form. First, Glen McCleery tied up Magee which Cadden made a point blank save from, then O’Keefe raced clear but again no way past Cadden.

Numerous corners, free kicks and half chances came and went and we very nearly paid the price when Town hit us on the break again. This time Mark Little hitting the bar as he lobbed McFrederick, who reacted quickly to save the follow up. When he failed to clear the danger, McFrederick was called upon to make a brilliant save with his foot.

We had a chance to win it at the end when three players somehow failed to make contact at the back post following a deep cross. Two points dropped, but overall a good performance that we can build on for next week.

Our reserves faced Enniskillen Town reserves at the Forum and took an early lead through Stuart Harkin. Two further goals from Nathan Bryans saw us coasting at 3-1 however Town scored twice within a minute to level at 3-3. Lee Glass put us 4-3 up but it wasn't enough for the win as Town equalised late on to share the points.

A very young 3rd team travelled to face Lisnaskea Rovers Reserves & unfortunately suffered a 4-1 defeat, with Matthew Downey scoring on his senior debut for the club.

Our U19s suffered a 5-1 defeat in the MUYL on Saturday morning.

Our U16s played St Oliver Plunkett in the 2nd round of the NIBFA Cup at Drumad on Saturday morning. Our lads battled hard against one of the best youth teams at this level, Steven Carson, Scott Moutray and Sam Gilliland (2) were our goal scorers on the day but the final score ending 4-8 in an entertaining match. Ryan Sharpe and Kyle Woods were both outstanding in defence and this was a great effort and a solid performance to build on. Well improved so keep it going lads!

Senior fixtures this week - 3rds v Magheraveely Res (a), Reserves v Tummery (h) whilst our 1st team travel to Strule.

Lotto results this week numbers drawn were 04, 20, 24 and 28. £15 Winners David Phair, Eddie Kelly and Ryan Lindsay - Next Week’s Jackpot £7850 - who wouldn't want that for Christmas so get your tickets now!

Just 11 remain as we go into Week 6 of our LMS, thanks to all those who took part & well done to everyone making it this far.

The draw for the 3rd round of the Irish Junior Cup took place and we have been drawn at home v Bangor Rangers, Saturday 26th November at Drumad.

Finally, don't forget our "Dander in the Dark" walk on Friday 4th November with registration from 8pm in the Parish Centre, all proceeds towards club funds.




There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.