Log In to Interact.
       Lost Password?    Register
Little Missenden Misfits Cricket Club Logo

Weather

Like & Share:

News

Meeting > AGM Minutes

Mar. 22, 2013

Meeting  Misfits AGM 2013 - Minutes

Thank you to all that braved the cold weather to attend the AGM earlier this month. Your commitment and input is greatly valued.

Below is a copy of the minutes of the meeting.


 

Little Missenden Misfits Cricket Club AGM Minutes, 3 March 2013

 

Present

Paul Kaye, Paul Partridge, Sascha van Praagh, Sam Francis, Andy Gillanders, John Brown, David Tossell, Guy Young, Norman Partridge, Zed Girnary, Mark Hallam

 

Apologies

Charles Padley, Phil Sutton, James Lyne, Nat Baker

 

Minutes of 2012 AGM

The minutes from the previous AGM were reviewed and all agreed that these were accurate and that with the exception of the Golf Day planned activities had taken place.

 

Chairman’s Report

JB thanked all the members and players for their support throughout the 2012 season. JB noted that the season had financially been poor there were several contributory factors, the failure to arrange a Golf Event, wet weather causing a number of match/ barbecue cancellations and poor communication from the venue that meant the annual dinner ran at a slight loss.

JB advised that he would continue as Chairman for 2013 if required but felt that it was time for someone playing regularly to take on the role.

 

Treasurer’s Report

AG presented a summary of the club’s financial situation. Income throughout the year to the end of October 2012 was £4818.48 and expenditure in the same period ran to £5564.85, a deficit of £750.37 on the season. Current bank balance stood at £4471.90.

There had been one exceptional expense item, a scarifier at £690. Other general ground and pitch expenses were the largest cost items at approx. £2200 with £800 spent on the pavilion and a similar amount for insurance with rent a further £600.

Match fees and subs generated £1845, 80/20 club produced £500 profit and social activities including the village day earned the club £1100.

Ground rental income was reduced from the previous years as we failed to host any junior county matches as a result of internal politics at Bucks County. There is a hope that the situation may improve for 2013.

JB/NP advised that a new strip mower was needed for 2013 and this was likely to cost £2500 for a new machine. It was agreed to search for something second hand and see if Bucks Cricket knew of any clubs likely to be closing. JB agreed to research.

Annual mower servicing is likely to cost in the order of £1000.

SvP agreed to acquire a new tea urn as the current one is beyond cost effective repair.

 

Fixture Secretary and Captain’s report

GY advised that so far 5 ground rentals had been confirmed with The Full Tossers, the same as in 2012.

Nothing has yet been confirmed from The Lee about their requirements for the junior squad, there appears to be some disarray at the club and GY is having difficulty getting answers.

The Little Acorns are likely to confirm their booking soon.

A team of Challoners Old Boys also expressed a previous interest in hiring the pitch and GY will follow up.

Eddie Bowman has failed to pay for the cancellation of his pitch hire and it was agreed that unless this was satisfactorily resolved that he would not be allowed to use the ground again.

New fixtures have been arranged on a home and away basis with Chesham Bois and The Hit and Miss with an additional new fixture added with VCC Belsize Park.

GY thanked all those that had played in 2012 and agreed he had enjoyed his year as Captain and was prepared to stand again for election but that this would probably be his final year in the post. DT agreed that he would continue to act as a deputy and would be prepared to stand for election for the 2014 season.


Election of Officers

JB elected as Chairman, proposed GY seconded SF

MH elected as Secretary, proposed JB seconded DT

GY elected as Captain, proposed DT seconded PP

AG elected as Treasurer, proposed MH seconded NP

GY elected as Fixture Secretary, proposed JB seconded AG

NP and JB agreed to continue with work on the ground and pitch preparation but stressed the need for assistance from others too especially in May when both are on holiday. SF and MH agreed to help where possible.


Any Other Business

Club Finances

 

MatchTeas

GY proposed that we increase the charge to visiting teams to £50, MH seconded and it was agreed by all.

GY reported that help with teas in 2012 had been poor and that we should introduce a rota system for 2013 that players would sign up to along with match day availability on the club website. PP to develop.

 

Working Party

14th April was agreed as the date for the 2013 preseason preparation, MH to circulate details.


 

 

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.