- Location & Directions
- Contact Us
- Club / Player Statistics
- Honours Boards
- Message Board
- General Cricket Information
- Laws Of Cricket
- 70/30 Prize Draw
- For Sale
- Administration Area
- Playing Availability
Cricket > Match Stats vs The Lee
Jul. 16, 2013
Stats Report: Game 12, v The Lee (home), July 14
Little Missenden Misfits 176 for 8 off 30 overs (P. Kaye 68, D. Tossell 25, P. Partridge 22, G. Connolly 19)
The Lee 172 for 6 off 34 overs (G. Connolly 14-1-65-3; P. Kaye 5-1-16-1; W. Young 5-1-31-1; M. Kaye 7-1-37-10).
- For the fifth time in ten completed matches, the Misfits' game went down to the final over, with George Connolly taking a wicket on the final ball of the match with The Lee needing five to win
- The Misfits are in their best run of form of the season, beaten only once in the last five games
- The Misfits achieved their highest scoring rate of the season, almost six an over from only 30 overs faced in two and a half hours
- Paul Kaye scored his first - and the team's fourth - half-century of the season
- Paul Kaye's 68, scored off 59 balls, was his tenth half-century for the Misfits
- Paul Kaye is now the club's leading run scorer this season, his 226 runs putting him one run ahead of son Chris.
- Chris Kaye still leads the batting averages on 37.50, ahead of father Paul on 32.29
- Paul Kaye moved up to 15th on the club's all-time scoring list, his 1,381 runs moving placing him ahead of Roy Bazzard
- David Tossell was 24 not out when he ruptured his Achilles tendon, which will bring his season to a premature end. Thinking he was on to a good thing with someone 36 years his junior (Will Young) going in as a runner when he returned later in the innings, he saw Will get himself run out second ball as he attempted a second run.
- As well as being run out off his second ball as a runner, Will Young was out second ball as a batsman.
- With his fourth not-out in five innings, Norman Partridge lifted his batting average for the season to 27
- George Connolly reached 8 wickets for the season, ranked fourth on the team, with his best figures of the year.
- All three of George Connolly's wickets were clean bowled
- Paul Kaye improved his wicket total to 11, ranked third on the team
- Will Young picked up his fourth wicket of the season in his last game before disappearing to teach the googly to the Nicaraguans for a month
- Chris Kaye capped a brilliant display of wicket-keeping with his fourth catch of the season
- Matthew Kaye took his third wicket of the season and his first catch
- The Misfits had two partnerships of 68, tied for fourth highest stand of the season and also the highest non-opening partnerships of the year
- David Tossell, Paul Partridge and Paul Kaye combined for the highest third-wicket stand of the season (68), while Paul Kaye and George Connolly put on the highest sixth-wicket stand of the year (68)
Misfits 176 runs for 8 wkts off 30 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 22
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 3.75
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 5.867
The Lee 172 runs for 6 wkts off 34 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 28.667
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 5.667
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 5.059
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.