- Location & Directions
- Contact Us
- Club / Player Statistics
- Honours Boards
- Message Board
- General Cricket Information
- Laws Of Cricket
- 70/30 Prize Draw
- For Sale
- Administration Area
- Playing Availability
Cricket > Match Stats vs Bank of England
Aug. 28, 2013
Stats Report: Game 18 v Bank of England (home), August 26
Little Missenden Misfits 158 all out, 39.3 overs (P. Kaye 41, A, Gaze 38, C. Kaye 27, J. Lyne 12, A. Connolly 10no)
Bank of England, 158 for 8, 37 overs (P. Kaye 7-1-21-4, W. Young 9-0-37-2, G. Connolly 10-0-53-1)
Match drawn with scores level
- The Misfits' season of close finishes continued when the Bank Of England could score only one run off the final ball of the match, bowled by Paul Kaye, meaning that the game was drawn with the scores level
- It was the sixth Misfits game this year to be decided inside the final three balls, following four defeats when the winning runs were conceded by the Misfits (including the early-season game at the Bank of England), and a penultimate-ball victory when batting second against Ballinger
- Paul Kaye's innings of 41 increased his team-best runs total for the season to 359 and improved his average to a club-high 35.90. He is also the club's most consistent run-scorer, reaching at least 24 in nine of his 11 innings
- Chris Kaye's 27 left him eight runs short of being the second player to pass the 300 mark this season, but dropped him to third place in the averages at 32.44
- Anthony Gaze's innings of 38 was his highest for the club and was the fourth time he has been out in the 30s in his last five innings.
- It was a notable day for Misfits ducks. Norman Partridge extended his club-record total of noughts to 38, while Sam Francis's second duck of the season put him second all-time with 37.
- Matthew Kaye, fresh from a career-best 16 for the Chairman's XI against the Misfits, is still looking for his first run for the club after being run out for his third duck of the season. He also has a 0 not out this season and two previous ducks, qualifying him to sit alongside Sascha Van Praagh with the lowest batting average in club history (0.00)
- Paul Kaye's bowling figures of 4 for 21 were his best for the Misfits. It was the third time this season he has recorded career-best figures for the club
- Paul Kaye now has 15 wickets this season, third most in the club, and needs two more to reach 50 in his Misfits career
- As well as leading the batting averages and catches (8), Paul Kaye's bowling average of 13.50 is now the best in the club among players to have played more than one game
- Will Young had his season's best bowling figures of 2 for 37
- George Connolly ranks fourth after taking his 11th wicket of the season
- Andrew Connolly skippered the Misfits for the first time, but failed to add to his season's tally of 24 wickets (tied with Mark Hallam for the club lead). He took 23 wickets in his first nine games of the season but has added only one in his last five matches
- James Lyne had his sixth catch of the season, tied for second most on the team with Chris Kaye, who had two catches
Misfits 158 runs for 10 wkts off 39.3 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 15.8
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 3.95
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 4
Bank of England 158 runs for 8 wkts off 39 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 19.75
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 4.875
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 4.051
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.