- Location & Directions
- Contact Us
- Club / Player Statistics
- Honours Boards
- Message Board
- General Cricket Information
- Laws Of Cricket
- 70/30 Prize Draw
- For Sale
- Administration Area
- Playing Availability
Cricket > Match Stats vs Penn Street
May. 12, 2014
Stats Report: Game 3, v Penn Street (home), May 11
Little Missenden Misfits 78 all out off 41.4 overs (D. Tossell 26, J. Lyne 23).
Penn Street 79 for 3 off 21.3 overs. (A. Rutter 2-0-9-1; S. Maddock 4-0-16-1; R. Lambert 4-0-19-1).
Penn Street won by 7 wickets.
- The Misfits suffered their first defeat of the season after a staggering collapse from 78 for 4 to 78 all out - six wickets for 0 runs in 13 balls!
- Five Misfits players recorded ducks and no player lower than number six scored a run. The ducks were Zed Girnary (first Misfits golden duck of the season), Sam Francis (second ball), Bob Lambert (second ball), Norman Partridge (second ball) and Andrew Connolly (third ball)
- Norman Partridge extended his Misfits career record number of ducks to 38, although Sam Francis remained close behind with his 37th
- The Misfits took five overs longer to score 78 this week than they did to score 182 the previous week
- David Tossell top scored with 26 off 77 balls, including four of the five boundaries hit by the Misfits in the game
- James Lyne scored 23 off 90 balls, and has now faced more balls than any other Misfits player this season (172 in two innings)
- For the second week running, James Lyne was involved in a run-out with his batting partner (Stuart Maddock last week, Anthony Gaze this week)
- Guy Young had a long day in the middle, acting as runner for the second half of James Lyne's innings and facing 35 balls for his score of 8
- All three wickets taken by the Misfits were lbw
- Adrian Rutter marked his Misfits debut by taking a wicket with his third ball
- Stuart Maddock took his first wicket for the Misfits
- Bob Lambert is now tied with Paul Harris as leading wicket taker this season after taking his third wicket of the season
- Last season's leading wicket-taker, Andrew Connolly, was unlucky to begin his 2014 campaign wicketless after returning figures of 0 for 17 in 8 overs
Misfits 78 runs for 10 wkts off 41.4 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 7.8
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 4.116
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 1.872
Penn Street 78 runs for 3 wkts off 21.3 overs.
- Bowling Average (Runs per Wkt) 26.333
- Strike rate (Overs per Wkt) 7.167
- Run Rate (Runs per Over) 3.674
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.