- Location & Directions
- Contact Us
- Club / Player Statistics
- Honours Boards
- Message Board
- General Cricket Information
- Laws Of Cricket
- 70/30 Prize Draw
- For Sale
- Administration Area
- Playing Availability
Cricket > Ballinger
May. 16, 2011
Another game where we came second. Ballinger got too many runs, not helped by a bobbly outfield and some fielding in need of improvement. Great bowling from Lee, and wickets shared around - Lee, Mark, Will. Thanks to Paul for keeping wicket.
We started quite well, as James Lyne doggedly kept their youthful bowling attack out. Paul joined the 13 Club, but we were in pretty good shape at 106 for 2. The usual collapse ensued, but James almost managed to carry his bat, finally succumbing on 59 with a few overs to go. Browny and Norm gave it a go, but those Ballinger b******s kept getting us out (finally for 162).
Heads up boys and we will win next time out.
GuyStatistics update (following game at Ballinger)
- James Lyne (59) became the first Misfits player to score a half-century in 2011
- The third-wicket partnership of 67 between James Lyne and Guy Young was the highest for any Misfits wicket this season
- James Lyne passed 500 career runs for the Misfits in his 17th game for the club, including his fifth 50
- Unlike Ian Botham, Andrew Flintoff and numerous others, captaincy has brought out the best in Guy Young. In each of his two innings this season, the new skipper has achieved his highest score for the club (20 v Hawridge; 24 v Ballinger).
- Six top-seven Misfits batsmen have now been dismissed for unlucky 13 in the first three games of the season, including Lee Quinton in each of his first two innings for the club
You must be logged in and associated with this team to post comments. If you are logged in and associated with this team, then your user association type does not have sufficient permissions to post comments.